AN INVESTOR IN SHELTON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
When you become a client of Shelton Capital Management, you entrust us with your hard-earned assets and your nonpublic personal and financial information (“client information”). We consider your client information to be private and confidential, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust and fiduciary duty in their safekeeping and use.
WHAT DO SHELTON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AND THE SHELTON FUNDS DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION??
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account transactions
- Account balances and transaction history
- Wire transfer instructions
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies, including Shelton Capital Management with regards to SMAs and the Shelton Funds can share their customers’ personal information; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|REASONS WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
||DO WE SHARE:
||CAN YOU LIMIT THIS SHARING?
|For our everyday business purpose – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you
||We do not share.
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
||We do not share.
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
||We do not share.
|For non-affiliates to market to you
||We do not share.
WHO WE ARE?
Who is providing this notice? Shelton Capital Management
WHAT WE DO?
How does Shelton Capital Management protect my personal information? To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Shelton Capital Management collect my personal information? We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account
- provide account information or give us your contact information
- make a wire transfer or deposit money
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Shelton Capital Management does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
Joint marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.companies.
- Shelton Capital Management does not jointly market.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
California Residents: If your account has a California home address, your personal information will not be disclosed to nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by applicable California law, and we will limit sharing such personal information with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Use of Email Addresses:
If you have requested information regarding Shelton Capital Management products and services and supplied your email address to us, we may occasionally send you follow-up communications or information on additional products or services. Additionally, registered clients can subscribe to the following email services:
- Prospectus and Shareholder Reports – Receive prospectuses and shareholder reports online instead of by U.S. mail
- Paperless Statements – Receive an email with a link to our website informing you that our client statements are available online to view, print or download
- Tax Forms – Receive an email with a link to our website informing you that our client tax forms are available online to view, print or download
We also include instructions and links for unsubscribing from Shelton Capital Management emails. We do not sell email addresses to anyone, although we may disclose email addresses to third parties that perform administrative or marketing services for us. We may track receipt of emails to gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
Last Updated: January, 2019
1. What Are Cookies
3. Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this Website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
4. The Cookies We Set
- Account related cookies
- Login related cookies
- Email newsletters related cookies
- This Website offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Website preferences cookies
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this Website we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this Website runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
5. Third Party Cookies
- This Website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the Website and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this Website so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Website or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the Website for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the Website is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the Website whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we advertise product, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our Website actually click on the product links, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible outcome.
7. More Information